Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 June 2013 CE

32 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 June 2013 CE
Jun 23, 2013, 13:37
Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth, Interpreter, Revolutionary Suicide. Interpreter was my fav, RS wasn't! It seems to me in his new story telling mode that the sonic experimentation has taken a bit of a back seat, and doesn't really engage with my head as much on RS. i think to call it flat is a bit harsh, but it seems a bit more 2 dimensional. I still like his turn of phrase, but i wont be buying the new record. I did like Rave o lution however. Other opinions are available.

Wooden Wand - Blood Oaths of the New Blues. Saw him play most of this live a few months ago. Live and on record it is very worthy.

Snippets of Eternal Tapestry - A World Out of Time and Date Palms - The Dusted Sessions

Karine Polwart - Fairest Floo'er. Nice trad folk arrangements. Hopefully going to see her live in the autumn

Causa Sui - Pew'tr Sessions 2

Broadcast & The Focus Group investigate Witch Trials of the Radio Age

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun. Finally turned this into a CD after having it on tape for about 20 years. The First Doors album i heard so has a soft spot. In fact i think it might be their best...

Crazy Horse - S/T. Took a few listens, but now appreciated.

Built to Spill - You in Reverse

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Edgar Broughton - S/T

oh yeah and Rave o lution again
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index