9577 posts

Edited Jun 23, 2013, 18:25
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 June 2013 CE
Jun 23, 2013, 13:36
Jex Thoth - Blood Moon Rise
Queen - ST
Goat - World Music
Hanoi Rocks - Self Destruction Blues

Wo Fat - The Black Code. Nice slice of southern fried psyche stoner boogie that features two extended wig-outs as the last two tracks. Normally you might think that might be a mistake in the running order of things, but in this instance it works 'cos when the first one ends you think "Cor! That was good, I'd like another one of those please" and then one happens along.

Crock Oss - One More Time For Stupid
The Portraits - Counterbalance
Witchcraft - Legend. Most excellent!
Zombie Sam - Self Conscious Insanity
Black Market Serotonin - Something from Nothing.
DragonForce - The Power Within
Poltergeist - Your Mind is a Box (Let us fill it with Wonder)
Ancestors - In Dreams & Time
The Algorithm - Polymorphic Code. Stupidly entertaining.
Diagonal - The 2nd Mechanism.
Microphonics - XXI-XXV
Chrome Hoof - Crush Depth. Nice!
Tumulus - Winter Wood. Ace Russian prog-folk-metal featuring keyboard sounds previously thought banned. Great stuff!

Surtr - Pulvis et Umbra. 2nd album of primitive cave-man doom from this French trio, although they have wandered a little more up the evolutionary scale from their debut. Good stuff, and with occasional Cope-esque vocals that make this sound a bit like Brain Donor.

Anacondas - Sub Contra Blues. Hmmm...inneresting. On the face of it this is a pretty good slice of stonery riffage (from Brighton I believe) but there is a certain amount of alt/indie-bet hedging going on as if they want to rock out but would also like a good review in NME or something. Personally, I think they'd be best served by dropping any alt/indie aspirations and fully embracing their inner rock-beast. Promising stuff though.

Nergard - Memorial for a Wish. Quite mad power-prog-metal concept rock opera by some multi-instrumentalist bloke and a host of power-metal luminaries. Something going on about an Irish bloke in days of yore being accused of something... Completely absurd and bombastic and very enjoyable!

Follakzoid - II. I've seen them written of very favourably by various follak-following-folk on here and fate saw fit to deliver a 50p (!) promo cd into my paws whilst on the sniff last week. Really very good indeed. I shall have to get "I" now too!

Plus heard online
Agalloch - The White. Liking this bit metally neo-folk a lot. Must investigate further.

Oh and,
Iron Maiden - The Trooper; The beer...v tasty!

Have a nice week x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index