Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
You Don't Know Me But... (New book: Phish, ICP...)

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Jun 23, 2013, 17:15
Re: You Don't Know Me But... (New book: Phish, ICP...)
Jun 23, 2013, 17:10
Well I haven't gone as far as wearing the makeup during my shows -- that's more Sean's thing and I don't want to be seen as a copyist of him. Of course you don't have to wear the grease-paint to be a Juggalo in spirit, really.

Yeah I'd say I've been alot more open to hip-hop these days, not that I was ever against it in general... Have had a great admiration for Tupac Shakur for example, after seeing a good documentary about him that gave him a many-faceted view. Definitely not someone to be typecast as some wannabee-thug or playboy, but a misunderstood icon who sadly got killed in an ironic way...

Of course Sean just does what he does -- his music isn't hip-hop. it's 'noise'. I just talked to another Juggalo friend recently and he was saying people don't get that Sean doesn't do "Juggalo noise" per se, he's a Juggalo that does noise...

I wouldn't mind doing a hip-hop oriented project if I could do it though. I wouldn't know the first thing about it however, and I certainly never tried rapping, but anything is possible at this point...

Unsung Forum Index