Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
You Don't Know Me But... (New book: Phish, ICP...)

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: You Don't Know Me But... (New book: Phish, ICP...)
Jun 23, 2013, 16:16
Well I dunno if I can make it to the Gathering for one thing. It's a matter of money...

It was mostly just my friend Sean Beard of Waves Crashing Piano Chords telling me about ICP and being a Juggalo. So he lent me his copy of the Great Milenko and I though it was actually a really good album. And I did know that the Juggalo movement mostly attracted disenfranchised small-town youths. I have noticed Juggalos are shunned by large amounts of people (I know Sean has had a hard time with much of the 'noise' scene at large who scoff at the Juggalo subculture) so I got more into it despite my age. I tend towards the underdog and the world's outcasts anyhow. It reminds me of the cult surrounding the Manic Street Preachers years back actually...

And seeing ICP live recently I got the sense that the important thing about being a Juggalo is the sense of community. Everyone is cool with each other as opposed to seeing any other kind of hip-hop or punk show where you could risk getting into a fight (for example...) It still remains a big thing in North America and hasn't really reached Europe as of yet. Of course it's true ICP may not be the best hip-hop band in America, but the fact that they've survived for so long with such a die-hard fanbase really says something.

Unsung Forum Index