Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 October 2012 CE

22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 October 2012 CE
Oct 29, 2012, 05:54
1) The Nice - Elegy ... an old friend. I forgive the blemishes. Still love the Hipgnosis sleeve. I grew up half a mile away from the printers. What fun was had getting into their yard to raid the bins for rejects and test pressings to adorn the walls of the town's heads. A Cochise album was very popular for some reason ...... 2) Robert Wyatt and Friends - Theatre Royal Drury Lane 1974 ... His post injury return to live action, featuring all of Rock Bottom as well as a bit of Mole and Softs era stuff, all played in a loose and at times almost violent manner. Stellar performances from all. Worth getting for the uninterupted sequence of Little Red Riding Hood Hit The Road, Alife and Alifib alone. Mongezi Feza lays down a gauntlet with some inspired trumpet and Gary Windo matches him on reeds afterwards. RIP both.. and Hugh Hopper. And Ivor Cutler... : ( .. 3) Santana - Lotus .. I saw them at Wembley a few months after this was recorded. What a band ..... 4) Richard and Linda Thompson - In Concert November 1975 .. Good as the rest of this is, nothing compares to Calvary Cross, which is the same version that appeared on Thompson's great (guitar, vocal). If I ruptured my cones playing it I'd just think fair enough, they'd gone out in style ...... 5) Sandy Denny - The Best Of The BBC Recordings ... sigh ..... 6) Low - Trust ... still their best. Until Christmas ..... 7) GY!BE - Lift Yr Skinny Fists .... This one follows on very well from Low. Same vibe but even louder. What a record. To think I didn't play it for six years. Skintdom's meant I haven't opened my coffers and bought anything since going Necking with KC, but have got to get the new 'un this week. Needs must.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index