77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Your latest buy
Sep 02, 2012, 18:50
Relatively slim pickings in the used vinyl bin this week:

Racoo-oo-oon s/t debut LP -- freaked out free folk basement psych from 2008. I do like records such as these, a nice find (double LP $7)!

"Introducing The Eleventh House with Larry Coryell" -- one of my top 5 favorite jazz guitarists, 1974 fusion, Vanguard label. Right up my alley.

Todd Rundgren's Utopia "Another Live" -- loved Todd for decades, never got interested in Utopia til recently. Rare example of a 70's American Prog Band (though a bit late to the party being founded around 1974-75).

Wishbone Ash "Live Dates" -- previewed it and it seems about half good (the longer jammier versions of their tunes that I already liked best anyway). Think I now have their first 5 albums, not a favorite or anything, I just keep finding them too cheap to resist!

McCartney & Wings "Red Rose Speedway" -- never heard this one before, not sure why I never picked it up until now (maybe just that this time the price was right: $2 and it has a nice thick gatefold & booklet). Though I am a Beatlenut and would say Paul is my fave fab, I've never been particularly keen on collecting up all the solo albums by any of them. (Though I do have "Back To The Egg" and "Living In The Material World" on my mental search list).

Bachmann Turner Overdrive s/t debut -- in good condition for $2, I think I was missing this one but haven't checked yet -- I may now own two copies!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index