Your latest buy

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Re: Your latest buy
Aug 25, 2012, 05:24
Goat - World Music (really growing on me. yes, it's instant but there's more that emerges with heavy rotation, i found anyway)

Six Organs of Admittance - Ascent (ditto)

Om - new one (noddness)

Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell - Don't Hear it.. Fear It (awesome!!!!)

Pontiacs - Bursting (can't recommend this highly enough. Cardinal Fuzz promises to be a special label based on this. this and the ASCS have been floating my boat big time this last monthish)

VA - Diggin' Down Argentina - Nuggets from the Rioplatense Scene 1969-75

Ariel Pink - Mature Themes (Kinski Assassin is a crackin' way to open an album)

I picked up the ltd Stealing Sheep CD that comes with a bonus mix CD from Roughtrade but neither did it for me at all.

The Electric Eden comp is good, but it just seems a bit hit and miss compared to the truly gobsmacking possibilities of the subject matter. Good but not great.

Picked up the 6CD boxset of old Mike Oldfield albums when it came out, purely for some that I don't have but I'm still too lazy to get past Tubular Bells. Had never remembered hearing the version of the final track featuring an inebriated Viv Stanshall before. Loved it.

There's a fair bit more (as well as download purchases) but these were the highlights. If I can add one thing it's, amid the righteous but unstoppable hype of the Goat album, to please please check out the Pontiacs and ASCS albums. They are both well worth a punt if you can afford them.

TTFN
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index