Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 August 2012 CE

20 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Aug 12, 2012, 17:31
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 August 2012 CE
Aug 12, 2012, 16:51
Obake - ST. Having grown on me in the last weeks I can heartily recommend this doom/drone/noise mash with flourishes of jazzy experimentation. Absorbing!

Glowpeople - Things... Liking it. Nice to get a more rounded sense of the band entire doing what they do with a fullsome, brain filling sound. Some nice bass burblings going on that I really liked and you can see why KC and the Glowshine Band would make for a good festy chill-sesh. V nice package too (fnarr etc)

Darsombra - Climax Community. Nice, drumless but still occasionally rocking meld of ambience and pulsing drone with metally guitar flourishes, folky elements and chant-like vocal loops. Love the logo too!

The Phantom Band - The Wants/Checkmate Savage. Thanks for the rec AQK. Been enjoying these a lot! They sort of remind of the Super Furries - not so much sonically, but in that they seem to fairly fearless in an anything goes kinda way.

White Hills - Frying on this Rock. Er...Rocks!

Hawkwind - Onwards. Like this a lot and it's nice to hear Huw-Lloyd Langton on a track and it's a got a good, rockin' band vibe to it. I do wish they'd knock the recording of old tracks on the head though. 3 (!)on this and it's not like they haven't come up with good new stuff on the rest of the album.

Smoke Fairies - Blood Speaks
Dandy Warhols - Coming Down/Dandy's Rule Ok.
Snorkel - A Glass Darkly
TG Collective - Release The Penguins
Children of Bodom - Relentless, Reckless, Forever.
Alex Hutton Trio - Legentis.

Peter Wyngarde - When Sex Leers it's Inquisitive Head. 8^O "....."

Have a nice week!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index