37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Edited Jul 22, 2012, 10:23
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 22 July 2012 CE
Jul 22, 2012, 10:16
Deep Purple have featured quite a bit unsurprisingly, I am still stunned Jon Lord has died, he was one of my favourite musicians. The sheer number and wide range of tributes across the media many from outside of the rock music field speaks volumes for the man and his work.
So this past weeks listening,
Deep Purple - In Concert at the BBC 1972, this is where I came in for Purple via a rerun of the classic concert in 85, Jon's hammond playing hooked me straight away.
Deep Purple - Live in Stuttgart in 1993, one of the last gigs with Blackmore, the band tried to get this withdrawn when it came out as a box set don't know, as why its great.
Deep Purple -Abandon, tje last ready good Purple album and the last with Jon often overlooked, sadly.
Jon , Before I Forget, solo effort from 82 imagine and album of early eighties Whitesnake mixed with the classical/rock fusion sound of Skye and you have what it sounds like, one tracks in particular Burntwood is stunning.
Jon Lord - Sarabande - mid 70's classical rock fusion - very good indeed.
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon Immersion box set.
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Jethro Tull - Nothing is Easy - Live at the Isle of Wight , 1970
The Move - The Anthology - five disc set , just discovered these, they were bloody good there are a couple of tracks from the Filmore in 69 where theu take on the West Coast groups at there own game and more than hold their own.
Thats me
All the best
Joolio
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index