Unsung Forum »
"Destination Titan" What's This Music?

26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 08, 2012, 12:49
Re: "Destination Titan" What's This Music?
Jun 08, 2012, 12:34
stray wrote:
IanB wrote:

Music cue in question starts at around 55 mins 02 secs and runs to the end

Thanks!

Brian Eno An ending (ascent) from Apollo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKw5mbcE7VY

It gets played a lot in documentaries, the NSPCC also used to use it in their ads. I reckon its one of the most licensed tunes, its definitely the Eno track thats been most licensed.

Aphex Twin did various ripoffs of this track a long time ago, with varying degrees of success.

Also Deepinder Arvo would never be quite that cheesy with minor chords. ;) What bugs me about this track is I swear Bach wrote it first. I'm not saying Eno ripped it from a Bach piece, anyone who writes music ends up writing something Bach already did eventually as he wrote so bloody much. I wish I could find/remember the Bach piece though.

Thank you! Thank you! That's a real splinter out of the paw moment that.

You are right about Part and his minors though I thought it might be a Billy-Orbit-Plays-The-Classics thing i.e. a dumbed down synth arrangement of a real minimalist piece.

There is a lot of Eno that isn't strictly Eno (especially a Greenslade piece that I suspect he lifted the into from for Another Green World).

Anyway - I am pathetically grateful for that. Sainthood awaits you. Patron Saint of Rock Fans With Memory Loss perhaps.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index