Psychedelic Revolution

Pages: 27 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 14, 2012, 13:33
ohh, And the title track is pure Luke Haines, which seems almost appropriate, them being the two greatest writers of rock autobiographies n all that.
FOMouse
FOMouse
228 posts

Feb 14, 2012, 16:26
Vybik Jon wrote:

Highlights for me so far is As The Beer Flows Over Me, !

That's a highlight for me too!

ps Has someone got an album out or something?

fnff
goosebal
goosebal
256 posts

Feb 14, 2012, 18:16
Be good to get a version from the HH download section instead of buying the CD, converting the CD and pretty much binning the CD. Waste of plastic for me. Not interested in sleeve notes as i once used to be nor the cover art.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Feb 14, 2012, 18:28
Feb 14, 2012, 18:27
I haven't heard it yet, but as a general rule, I tend to prefer pseudo-spiritual tosh to pseudo-revolutionary tosh, but hey, that's just me. I will be checking it out, and I hope the good reviews here stand up.

Love & Peace :-)
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Feb 14, 2012, 18:56
Arrived yesterday...listened to CD 1 only so far. having heard boots from the last few solo gigs made me familiar with 3 of the 6 tunes...Am very much liking the higher fidelity of these tracks.
Cromwell is the only tune that I don't really like, tho its the one that is stuck in my head...mission accomplished...make it catchy and folk's remember. I love the guitar on Hooded & Benign.
Did listen to Psych Revol (track 1, disc 2)...and like it after 1 listen...the lyrics are basic, but to the point...they would be better as sung by a mass of people...that would bind the people. I could see a crowd singing it at an occupy movement...looking forward to the rest, and many repeats! yay!
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Feb 14, 2012, 20:14
ne thing that occured to me re Vive La Suicide....

I'm slightly surprised there is no evidence of Cope having read Black Panther Huey P Newtons great autobiography, Revolutionary Suicide. It actually really fits with the theme of the album, and makes plan what I think Cope ius trying to express. For Newton, suicide is usually a 'reactionary suicide' - black men (in particular) killing themselves out of despair. What the world needs, says Newton, is revolutionary suicide - you put yourself on the line, knowing that eventually you will be killed, but that in doing so you are challenging that world and making it better.

It also fits in that Newton explicitly quotes Che Guevara in it, as an inspiration. Being a revolutionary mans loving all of humanity, whilst having to give up on the love of specific individuals. You must learn to conquer fear of death to live a life without fear, one where you can genuinely choose how to live.

"Think about what you would die for, and work your way back from there, and then you'll know what you should do with your life."
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Feb 14, 2012, 20:29
Necro....nice post...great things to think about!!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Feb 14, 2012, 20:32
Suicide? Nice?!

;-)

I was listening to the album again today, and although I'm not completely sold, there are definitely some marvellous moments. I particularly enjoyed (to my suprise actually) the title track loud on my headphones whilst among a throng of city gent bastards on the Waterloo & City Line today...made me feel like punching the air!
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Feb 14, 2012, 21:31
human Buttybox more like :p
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Edited Feb 14, 2012, 23:20
Feb 14, 2012, 23:20
Squid Tempest wrote:
Suicide? Nice?!

;-)

I was listening to the album again today, and although I'm not completely sold, there are definitely some marvellous moments. I particularly enjoyed (to my suprise actually) the title track loud on my headphones whilst among a throng of city gent bastards on the Waterloo & City Line today...made me feel like punching the air!

But those poor bastards Squid! They're all going down! Had you no pity? ;)
Pages: 27 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index