27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 January 2012 CE
Jan 15, 2012, 19:25
Tunes!

Les Rhythmes Digitales - Dark Dancer

Talvin Singh Presents - Anokha; The Sound of the Asian Underground. Finally got it on CD after years of cassette abuse. Some lovely music on this which I think was briefly fashionable for five mins last century. I did follow some of the artists - Talvin, State of Bengal etc - for a bit but the 'scene' if it was one, seemed to dissipate as soon as it made Late Review status. Top tunes though!

Acid Mothers Temple - The Ripper at the Heaven's Gates of Dark. Lovely!

Voice of the Seven Woods - S/T. I like (and a top serendiptous sniff too!)

Justice - Audio Video Disco. I'm not sure any new album will make me laugh like a crazed gibbon licker is such a rapturous way for quite a while. Sublime and ridiculous. (Actually KISS have a newie on the way).

Kate Bush - 50 Words for Snow. I cry at Snowflake. There, I've said it. "Keep fallin', I'll find you..." AGH! . It gets said a lot but...magical. 'Cos it is.

Jethro Tull - Stormwatch/ Minstral in the Gallery/ Broadsword & the Beast. Rock the cod!

TesseracT - One. Mental! In a good way!

Messhugah - Catch Thirty Three. Godfathers of CHUGCHUGGASKREEEBLATGRANGPLARp! Top stuff.

Bach - The Brandenberg Concertos (1-3). I was in a bit of a fuge state. 8^|

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake. This is just brilliant.

Isley Brothers - 3+3. PhOnkeh!

The Smiths - The Queen is Dead. That box set is looking quite sexy from here.

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow. Espesh as my vinyl of this is skipping a lot these days.

The Orb and Dave...sorry, DAVID, Gilmour - Metallic Spheres. Hadn't played this in a while. Really like it!

That was mostly it I think,

Have a nice week citizens. x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index