6761 posts

Edited Jan 18, 2012, 08:39
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 January 2012 CE
Jan 18, 2012, 08:38
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:

BTW have you got any Pentagram recommendations beyond the early stuff? Is there one stand our album?

gothic looking lassie with her boobies showing, bathed in a delightful red tinge, can't remember off hand what it's called but it's probably the best standalone lp, but if as I'm assuming you've heard First Daze that's a good place to stop IMHO but I'm probably not a good judge as I find them to be vastly over rated [20 buck spin is very good though]

get the Statik MajiK ep by Cathedral instead is my advice, or something with Wino on it

Thanks both for the steer. I think maybe I should stick with what I have (First Daze). Can't say I have given them much of a thought sinve getting that one but I saw this extended promo for the movie and got interested ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjPRyFhxpgA

I suspect the longevity of Pentagram is not down to the music but the fact that Bobby Liebling is patently unsuited to any other job, Dead Jail or Rock n Roll as the song goes.
This looks to be the same as Lemmy The Movie and the Anvil Story both of which left me feeling sorry for the main protaganists,although judging from that clip the fact he is still alive seems he has the devil on his side

Indeed it does. The Daniel Johnston and Roky train-wreck documentaries seem to be what they are aiming for here. Though maybe this one has an Anvilesque feel-good ending.

In all cases I end up thinking "put the fucking camera down and help these people!" Then again there is a lot tv journalism that makes me feel that way.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index