Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 2 October 2011 CE

35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 2 October 2011 CE
Oct 02, 2011, 12:53
Been listening to a recording of a gig by The Sarah Gillespie Quartet featuring Gilhad Atzmon. Really strong material here augmented by Gilhad's lively and energetic (maybe sonorous is the right word)contributions, and the banter staged or otherwise between him and Sarah.

Also been listening to In the Current Climate, the quartet's last album which is quite alright (except the copy done for me wont go beyond track 9).

Elsewhere:

A little bit of Zola Jesus, following up Mart's mention, and hearing them on Steve Lamacq's round table (the single 'vessel')

That Lou Reed/Metallica collaboration - probably their latest single (again on round table)which i probably shouldn't admit to liking, but didn't really mind at all!

Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth, Interpreter & Black Sheep. Fell in love with Copey again after listening to the first album, and went on to listen to some more (except My Hi Fi appears to be on its' last legs and refused to play black sheep, or anything else after the first play). Sometimes there is a synchronicity going on and i am thinking 'repeat that line again Julian' and he often does. And sometimes doesn't too, but doesn't offend too much.

Acoustic Ladyland - Skinny Grin

Apse - Spirit

Akron/Family - s/t

The Beta Band @ The House of the Blues

Tim Booth - Bone

John Cale/ Terry Riley - Church of Anthrax

One or two others too i am sure
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index