Unsung Forum »
Camper Van Beethoven

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Camper Van Beethoven
Sep 05, 2002, 23:20
My second favourite band. Anyone else heard of them? What are your thoughts?
Lennin
8 posts

Vampire Can Mating Oven
Sep 05, 2002, 23:29
The absolute guvners. Recently reformed to play Tusk by Fleetwood Mac live in NYC apparently. I like the early stuff with the no holds barred eclecticism. Just saw them once and have seen Cracker and Sparklehorse playing CVB songs, very moving twas.
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Re: Camper Van Beethoven
Sep 06, 2002, 02:00
didn't they do Lawnchairs or was it take the skinheads bowling? in the early 80's
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Sep 06, 2002, 09:56
twas take the skinheads bowloing

great track (so good even the manics covered it!!)

also did a great version of interstellar overdrive
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Sep 06, 2002, 10:39
I seem to remember a Frank Sidebottom cover of 'Take the Skinheads Bowling' too. It was quite funny... at the time.
Kamikaze
9 posts

Re: 2nd favourite>?
Sep 06, 2002, 11:07
If the beethoven are 2nd best who comes first?

TPS
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Sep 06, 2002, 12:26
I like "II And III", "Third Album" and "Key Lime Pie" very much. "Third Album", in particular, is a crazy pot-pourri of all-over-the-place influences with no discernible regard for continuity that works in much the same way as the Beatles' "White Album". Maybe they should cover that too (that's if Sonic Youth didn't beat them to it). Can you imagine what the CVB take on "Revolution 9" would sound like?

Oh, and by the way, do you like Kaleidoscope? Very much the 60s forerunners of CVB in my opinion. They even both covered the same song, "O Death".
Lennin
8 posts

CVBB Kings
Sep 06, 2002, 19:26
They did the Yoofs I Love her all the time inna country n western stylee while on covers. By some bizarre coincidence Peel played a Kaliedoscope tune for no particular reason t'other night.
mare-C
156 posts

Re: Lawnchairs, ya bas
Sep 07, 2002, 00:39
o-B.Limie....... Lawnchairs > Our Daughter's Wedding > puckered-cheek new-rom Devo-ish pisstake from 81 or thereaboutz > forgotten all about it until now........ now I cannae shift it out my mind.

Gee thanks! <8--O
jimbailey
2 posts

Sep 07, 2002, 17:53
Yes. They are doing a reunion of sorts,apparently. They won't be in my area(I live in Columbia,Missouri,USA),but are playing select shows in the larger cities of the US. According to their website, they will be releasing a track-by-track cover of the Fleetwood Mac record "Tusk". I never did get a chance to see the band,but have seen the offshoot bands The Monks of Doom and Cracker.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index