Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26th December 2010 CE

44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26th December 2010 CE
Dec 27, 2010, 18:51
Pavement - Brighten The Corners (underrated & packed with hits IMHO)

Flower Travellin' Band - Satori (so classic), Anywhere (2nd fave by them)

Faust - ist Last

Neil Young - first LP (earliest stuff) from Decade comp

Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations

Best Of comps by Thin Lizzy & The Stranglers

VIDEO:

Sad to see the CSN appearance isn't on that 3DVD THIS IS TOM JONES! set after all. Still, it is a classic 60-70's variety show (dated hipness & high camp, plus Tom & many of his guests rock.)

Also starting to watch bits of the DICK CAVETT LENGENDARY ROCK PERFORMANCES series -- this is mostly a boring talk show, and presented uncut, which does make some episodes like Sly Stone's appearance intersting (Sly was very very Stoned: performance delayed, mumbles during the interview, tries to hide under his hat -- weird stuff on live TV!) Also one of Bowie's first big TV appearances in the USA from 1974 . . .

BOOK:

"Cosmik Debris" the hyper-detailed Zappa tome by Greg Russo (has me pulling out a bunch of LP's for listening this week -- gonna start in 1981 with "shut up gtr 1-3" and "tinseltown rebel".)

"Mountains Come Out Of The Sky: Illustrated History of Prog Rock" -- seems pretty decent so far (except for where's the VDGG?) I'm sure I'll have more to say once I get thru it, as I am a ruthless picker-aparter of music books!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index