C93 - Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Re: C93 - Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain
Sep 15, 2010, 09:54
TIbet seems sincere. I have heard him interviewed and he sounds like an intelligent man who treads softly. Which I like.

Although I am finding the C93 vocals a hard swallow some of the music I am hearing is gorgeous and I will persevere. Which I didn't do with DIJ.

The totalitarian flirtations (at least in terms of imagery) of some of the associated artists are a profound irritation. Though probably no more irritating than artists who glamorise heroin or alcoholism. I am at an age where all that rock n roll bad boy stuff is kind of charmless.

And then you get the artists who say they are into the works of Charley Hawtrey & Adorno, Wagon Wheels, Kinbaku and SS Uniforms. It's all that we're so super ironic and amoral we're the super badasses of all badasses. Very Rag Week.

Anyway if we didn't listen to all the music made by people who say and do stupid things there wouldn't be much left.

Any recommendations gratefully recevied.

What was the story with that C93 Shirley Collins reissue? Seemed like a bizarre piece of perfunctory repackaging.

Unsung Forum Index