fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Edited Sep 14, 2010, 20:37
Re: C93 - Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain
Sep 14, 2010, 20:34
IanB wrote:
fauny fergus wrote:
Yeah, it depends on which bits of Black Ships annoyed you. The endless variations on Idumæa annoyed me and I quote liked Aleph, natch ymmv.

Not heard Baalstorm yet but will probably pick it up. I'm still hoping for another Nick Saloman collab.

I know little or nothing about this scene (such as it is) but am open to recommendations. Love a lot of the music i have heard especially when it dove-tails with Popol Vuh territory. The "Woe Is Me! I Left My Morris Bells At A Test Department Gig" vocals not so much.

I'm not that knowledgeable about the scene and tend to dip into it here and there - I'm a beginner myself in these parts. Tibet's apocalyptic bent mirrors my own interests and parts of my work - I started off listening because of that and loved some of his imagery - yeah, and even his delivery. Emotional, sometimes overwrought but always involved in what he's singing/saying. When I found he'd collaborated with Nick Saloman (Mr Bevis Frond and Woronzow records) I was hopeful.. and not disappointed: Hitler as Kalki (SDM) on Thunder Perfect Mind is an absolute favourite of mine - Tibet on a Revelation tip and Nick Saloman's sprawling psychedelic guitar trip coiling and uncoiling in the background. Fantastic.

Oh, and Tibet's reasons behind the song:

Tibet wrote:
Since this New Year of 1993 I have been reflecting on questions people have asked me concerning the song Hitler As Kalki (SDM) and my views on Hitler. I am in no doubt: Hitler was Antichrist; Jesus killed Hitler - eventually... We can hope that it should have been much sooner, but for whatever reasons it was not to be. Unfortunately since Hitler's death, all around his cruel spirit lives and multiplies, and many antichrists now surround us. In the dark corners of the nightworld he and his followers wait, emerging once more and more into the day. I remember my father telling me of his experience as a member of the first British troops to enter the extermination camp of Belsen, and the hell on earth he found there. So then, perhaps this earth is hell, but it rests to us to ensure that we defend our own hearts against the call from the abyss. May all be happy; may all be aware. The Little Shining Man approaches. Terrify not Man, lest God terrify you.

David Tibet, London, January 10, 1993.

NOt sure why i added that but i alwayss like an artist with a vision (hence ending up being a sporadic visitor to Copey's site :-)

Unsung Forum Index