Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 28 August 2010 CE

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 28 August 2010 CE
Aug 30, 2010, 17:26
Yeah I like it too but I only had Raw Power on a pretty ropey cassette so the CD in whatever version was very welcome in my pod. Did get a bit of shock on first listen though - mad dash for the volume control as the walls started vibrating!
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 18:34
Moon Cat wrote:
mingtp wrote:
Robyn (finally got round to buying this)

Cool! Do you like it's astonishing pop pixie perfection?

(Clue: if you don't I'm going to have to visit savage, probably fatal damage upon your person. No pressure...)

Is the new Sword album good?

I watched In Bruges too. Absolutely mega brill!

I loves it. Robyn, that is. Not fatal damage. Bet there's a speed metal band called Fatal Damage out there somewhere. The only reason I waited so long is that due to extreme stupidity I shelled out for 3 copies of the Konichiwa Bitches EP back in the day by mistake, and have subsequently begrudged spending more on that particular pop pixie. But your post the other day made me seek out a cheapo second hand copy of the album, et voila.

New The Sword album is... okay. I've lent it to my very METAL best mate for critical appraisal, but after 2 listens I found it a little samey. That said, there are several good tunes on it when they stop "grooving" and let the singer do his Ozzy thing. My other mate who knows about these things lambasted their use of the same guitar sound all the way through. Try before you buy Moonie.

In Bruges actually gets funnier with successive viewings I've just discovered.

Piece.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 18:47
Cool. I'll probably get the Sword thing on the cheap sniff at some point. I enjoyed their debut (lush art too!) but not heard the 2nd one.

Glad you dig the Robyn album. It floats in the arena of genius art pop crack addict stuff to my lug holes. Her new mini album's good too. Apparently another couple on the way this year, teasing us addicts with little doses, the minxlette.

Seeing her play in October and am weirdly excited by the prospect.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 19:32
Fitter Stoke wrote:
Beautiful link. Thank you. And to everyone else for their kind words: you are all dudes of the highest order.

Dave

Having only just opened this thread for the first time, I'd like to add my condolences too. There are some life situations in which music just isn't enough - bereavement is one of them. Sorry to hear about your loss.
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 19:41
Chris Joss - You've been Spiked
Piero Piccioni - Colpo Rovente OST
Crosby Stills and Nash - Best of...4CD
Ultimate Spinach - Behold and See
Tanakh - Ardent Fevers, truly unsung band and album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOm1pk4Xws
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 21:12
What's the name of that Twinsistermoon that's supposed to be so good?

I remember liking other High Wolf I've heard better.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 21:18
I think Iggy did a good job translating the overdriven spirit of Raw Power from analog to digital. It's still the most brutal CD I've ever heard. Sounds like shit unless you have good speakers that can handle it though!

Also having it on LP, I have not bothered with the latest reissue (except to copy the live disc, which is really not that special -- Metallic KO is still more "fun".)
eyeshakingking
eyeshakingking
379 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 22:40
Dog 3000 wrote:
What's the name of that Twinsistermoon that's supposed to be so good?

I remember liking other High Wolf I've heard better.

I've pretty much liked them all until this one. 'When Stars Glide Through Solid' & 'Levels & Crossings' are both great, but unavailable for the time being. The CD version of 'The Hollow Mountain' (which I love) is still very much available from Blackest Rainbow Records though.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 22:50
Natural Snow buildings & Isengrind are worth checking out

http://www.thesirenssound.com/2009/02/21/natural-snow-buildings/

hope this is legit, I'm pretty sure they put all the lps on the net

The Dance of the Sun & The Moon is deffo worth a listen as is the NSB/TSM/Isengrind split
eyeshakingking
eyeshakingking
379 posts

Aug 30, 2010, 23:16
I reckon it's pretty legit. It's been out of print for a few years - even the reissue is out of print by now.

But yeah, definitely worth checking out. They have a LOT of releases, but that one is definitely cream of the crop. I have soft spots for a couple of others, but that one is unquestionably the best place to start. Isengrind, imo, is the weakest of the three. Her solo recordings have never done much for me.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index