Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 8 August 2010 CE
Aug 08, 2010, 22:52
23 Skidoo - Seven Songs
The Art of Noise - Into Battle With The Art of Noise

Future Sound of London - "Papua New Guinea" (mixes)
A.M.P. Studio - Syzygy

A.M.P. Studio - Alien Registration Office
The Land of Nod/P.A.T.E. - split 7"
Neil & Iraiza - "This Is Not A Love Song" 7"
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Hinsidan - Nightshift EP 10"

A Certain Ratio - Mind Made up
V/A - Scream City 5 CDR
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Autechre - (Oversteps); Move of Ten
Blondes - Touched mini-album
Blood Red Shoes - Fire Like This
The Divine Comedy - Bang Goes The Knighthood
Dum Dum Girls - I Will Be
The Fall - Your Future Our Clutter
Grasscut - 1 inch: 1/2 mile
Rowland S. Howard - Pop Crimes
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - "Say No To Love" 7"
The Parks Dept. - No/Noise
School of Seven Bells - Disconnect From Desire
Suzanne Vega - Close Up, vol 1
Jah Wobble & The Nippon Dub Ensemble - Japanese Dub
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Aug 08, 2010, 23:01
mingtp wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

Great isn't it?

Yeah, really so. Contender for coolest record of the year (although the late Rowland S. will give it a run for its money).
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Aug 08, 2010, 23:37
mingtp wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
Prolapse - The Italian Flag

YUSSSS!

A great underrated band. I love Pointless Walks To Dismal Places too, especially the brilliant "Doorstop Rhythmic Bloc".
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Aug 08, 2010, 23:38
Sin Agog wrote:
I'd like to think he was talking about The Fall.

Or Half Man Half Biscuit :-)
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Aug 08, 2010, 23:58
thesweetcheat wrote:

Great isn't it?
flashbackcaruso
1056 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 00:15
The Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coupe (Realised I somehow skipped this in my chronological run through my Beach Boys vinyl, which is odd since I'd only just replaced my existing copy which was so warped the needle literal bounced off the record during each rotation. Never mind, it is also out of sequence in Capitol's CD reissue programme, released as a twofer with):
The Beach Boys - All Summer Long (Can't beat 'I Get Around' as an opening track, but the lesser known 'Don't Back Down' is a little gem of a closer)

The Coral - The Coral (Have yet to purchase their new one, mainly because the preferred vinyl is so damned expensive. This debut album is still hugely entertaining; its occasional faults can be put down to mere youthful exuberance)

Pink Floyd - Animals (This has never really been a favourite, but it grows on me more with each listen)

Mr Fox - The Gypsy (Opening track 'Mendle' is the highlight: space rock meets folk)

Magna Carta - Seasons (Picked up a horribly packaged double CD containing 4 of their albums for just £1.50 in a local charity shop. This first album on the set sounds like Simon & Garfunkel with the winsomeness turned up to 11, but I quite liked it anyway)

Chas & Dave - Rockney (Couldn't resist buying this on vinyl just for its great sleeve - anyone else remember the 'Please Let The Bus Go First' posters you used to see on the backs of London buses? Some surprisingly understated country moments on this generally enjoyable album)

OST - Picnic At Hanging Rock (Downloadable bootleg collecting together the haunting music used in this always devastating film. Georghe Zamfir's panpipes sit alongside beautiful pieces by Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Bach, plus Australian film composer Bruce Smeaton ripping off Hawkwind)

Yes - Fragile (An odd mixture of classics and filler, but great fun all the way)

Silvery - Railway Architecture (Its gratifying to see a friend's band finally getting somewhere. Since 2001 I've watched as my pal James Orman has taken his band through myriad line-up changes and then suddenly get a record deal and rave reviews. And now they are on to album number two. Anyone who fancies the idea of Cardiacs meeting Sparks with a dash of Gilbert & Sullivan should definitely give this a try)
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 06:24
plowing thru lots of psych,

researching use of music hall and old timey

in British and American psych respectively
espsummer
340 posts

Aug 11, 2010, 00:17
moose: xyz
moose: live a little love a lot
moose: honey bee
bethany curve: flaxen ep
july skies: dreaming of spires
july skies: the english cold
bark psychosis: codename dustsucker

its pretty much been a shoegazing or post-shoegazing summer!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Aug 11, 2010, 01:38
Aug 11, 2010, 00:38
thesweetcheat wrote:
mingtp wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:

YUSSSS!

A great underrated band. I love Pointless Walks To Dismal Places too, especially the brilliant "Doorstop Rhythmic Bloc".

Apparently most of their live shows had a section where Mick and Linda improvised some epic slanging match together over a Neu beat. The audience could never be certain whether or not they were having them on. It was nice to hear a bit of that on the last track on Pointless Walks...
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Aug 11, 2010, 21:43
Sin Agog wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
mingtp wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:

YUSSSS!

Apparently most of their live shows had a section where Mick and Linda improvised some epic slanging match together over a Neu beat. The audience could never be certain whether or not they were having them on. It was nice to hear a bit of that on the last track on Pointless Walks...

Yeah, that's great! Never saw them live sadly.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index