9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 23 May 2010 CE
May 25, 2010, 16:44
mingtp wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Anaal Nathrahk - Eschaton.

Is this one of your made up bands Moonie?

Probably not a good idea to Google it...

If i'm not mistaken they take their name from the Charm of Making in the classic version of Excalibur?

And I don't mean a pork-sword neither :)

EDIT: and isn't Eschaton something to do with the Illuminati? Can't make a double entendre out of that, sorry.

That be correct Sirrah. One of Dame Helen's finest moments you could say...

Eschaton is, I think off the top of me head, a kind of higher state of being possibly in some entropic way.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

May 25, 2010, 16:44
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

No. I wish I had though!
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

May 25, 2010, 16:51
I think he meant paint it.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

May 25, 2010, 20:09
Moon Cat wrote:
mingtp wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

Probably not a good idea to Google it...

If i'm not mistaken they take their name from the Charm of Making in the classic version of Excalibur?

And I don't mean a pork-sword neither :)

EDIT: and isn't Eschaton something to do with the Illuminati? Can't make a double entendre out of that, sorry.

That be correct Sirrah. One of Dame Helen's finest moments you could say...

Eschaton is, I think off the top of me head, a kind of higher state of being possibly in some entropic way.

Ah well, you fooled me! hahaha!
Isn't eschaton something to do with the end of time?
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

May 25, 2010, 20:13
Moon Cat wrote:

Yeah, it's a phrase running through the Illuminatus Trilogy in that context (if I remember correctly) hence my confuzzlon, cheers Moonie, you're a veritable lexicon Sir.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

May 25, 2010, 20:16
Squid Tempest wrote:
Isn't eschaton something to do with the end of time?

Aye, that too Boss: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

May 25, 2010, 20:38
Miles Davis - Get Up With It & Disc 2 from the Bitches Brew box, which I had "misfiled" for at least a year and just found!!

Zappa - Laether, Burnt Weeny Sammich

Pharoah Sanders - Summum Bukkun Sumthinerother, Black Unity

Country Joe & Fish - 1st album (not as good as Electric Music, but close)

Video: "200 Motels" just came out on DVD. Saw it on VHS maybe 15 years ago. I pretty much "get it" nowadays as far as the in-jokes and references, but still can't say it's particularly entertaining. Definitely "for fan(atic)s only." (Interesting that the director did a commentary track -- at the time it was made, he wanted his name taken off the credits! Haven't listened to it all, but he seems to mostly talk about the video tech and how revolutionary his editing techniques were . . . the band are "nice blokes", though Ringo & Moonie were out of control -- but not much to say about Mr. Z!)
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited May 25, 2010, 21:34
May 25, 2010, 21:22
Dog 3000 wrote:

Country Joe & Fish - 1st album (not as good as Electric Music, but close)

what's this unreleased material? I thought everything up to electric Music was e.p.s which were compliled on the Nuggets From The Golden State Berkeley e.ps cd alongside tracks by Frumious Bandersnatch, Notes From The Underground and another band.

There's been a lot of live material turning up on dime recently. Which has had me wondering why Bill atherton told me they weren't a great live band some years back. There's awesome stuff on each of the live sets I've heard so far Barry The fish Melton's guitar against the keyboards tends to be pretty trippy.

They may have become even better when the rhythm section of Big Brother & The Holding Co were drafted in when their band collapsed on the departure of Janis. so a lot of the '69 material has them on, i've heard the 3rd lp Together ain't much cop though.
2nd one, Feel Like i'm fixing To die's pretty good though.

I just looked up who the keyboardist was and found the Pete Frame chart that I'd looked at a few weeks back which is here
http://www.well.com/~cjfish/chart.gif
and says there were 2 different ones, changing in early 69.

Also found that Dorothy Moscovitz of United states of america fame turned up in a Country Joe led band in the early 70s
Stevo
Np Dead Can Dance 10/12/88
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

May 26, 2010, 04:35
I just meant the C. Joe LP with "Fixin' to Die Rag" as the first track.

Best stuff on those LP's is anything featuring a good Barry Melton guitar freakout. I do need to check out the post-Janis Big Bro stuff some time.

Another favorite old psychedelic guitar noodler: Henry Vestine from Canned Heat (who was in the Mothers before their first LP . . . )

I also been digging some Fraternity of Man lately (with Eliot Ingber ex-Mothers, and Richard Hayward future-Little Feat; best known for the "Bogart the joint song" from Easy Rider.)
1001realapes
1001realapes
2388 posts

May 26, 2010, 05:00
Dog 3000 wrote:
I just meant the C. Joe LP with "Fixin' to Die Rag" as the first track.

Best stuff on those LP's is anything featuring a good Barry Melton guitar freakout. I do need to check out the post-Janis Big Bro stuff some time.

Another favorite old psychedelic guitar noodler: Henry Vestine from Canned Heat (who was in the Mothers before their first LP . . . )

I also been digging some Fraternity of Man lately (with Eliot Ingber ex-Mothers, and Richard Hayward future-Little Feat; best known for the "Bogart the joint song" from Easy Rider.)

Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die is the 2nd album ,
Electric Music the first , the mono version
is very cool as well
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index