Edgar Broughton?

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: The Harvest Years
Apr 21, 2015, 00:16
Amazon still have it. A tenner for the five studio albums plus a live unreleased set from Hyde Park. A nobrainer. This boxset has been superceded by Original Album Series which although has replica sleeves doesn't have the live set which you need, so Harvest Years is the way to go, plus DATB and the Abbey Road live set. Sorted. Not everything's worn well, but a lot has.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Apr 21, 2015, 14:53
Apr 21, 2015, 07:25
Abbey rd set was released as 'Keep Them Freaks A Rolling' as I say somewhere above. Think that was its initial archival release. I got it around 2005 which I think was soon after it came out.
May have been something I was waiting for release after hearing pre news.
Had a track pop up on my walkman this week and it was pretty good.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: Edgar Broughton?
Apr 21, 2015, 14:30
bloody love em! All of the first 6 albums are faves of mine, i dont think you can go wrong with any of them. I love their attitude, which hasn't changed, they stand up for every underdog and are always sincere in their approach. They were playing a load of gigs around 8 years ago or more and we went several times and had a lot of fun both watching them and hanging out afterwards, top top blokes. They got all the riffs and all the melodies - heavy brothers - I love em xx
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Apr 21, 2015, 14:32
my pleasure! What a fab night that was. We went and hung out afterwards, greeted with flowers, one of my most fave rock n'roll moments, throwing sweet peas down onto the crown from the balcony and smokin out with the guys! happy days xxxx
garerama
garerama
1118 posts

Apr 21, 2015, 20:16
Moon Cat wrote:
Just sniffed out "Sing Brother Sing" for 3 of your earth pounds! Sez it has loads of extras bits too. Will take home and report!

Thanks for info everyone!

I have recently been discovering these guys - self titled and "Sing Brother Sing". The real treat in my opinion with SBS is one of the extra bits - Beefheart meets the Shadows - but I will let you decide ...
naughtynige
naughtynige
778 posts

Apr 21, 2015, 22:08
Cheers! Will get involved.
ricky nadir
ricky nadir
78 posts

Apr 21, 2015, 22:25
"Hotel Room" is one of the essential singles of the seventies.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index