Unsung Forum »
Edgar Broughton?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edgar Broughton?
Apr 15, 2010, 16:19
Anything good? I know little about him and the band but I enjoyed the snippets I saw on the BBC4 Metal Brittania prog of recent times. Kind of proto stoner primitive riffery and beardy rock. Heavier than I might have guessed.

Top tips appreciated.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Edgar Broughton?
Apr 15, 2010, 16:24
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/55336/threaded/689757
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 15, 2010, 16:26
Ah! Thank you! I shall have a glom.....now!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Apr 15, 2010, 16:37
Keep Them Freaks aRolling live in Abbey Road, done for a radio show from the famous studio in '69 is a great live lp. Came out about 5 years back.

I think there's about 5 decent lps at least.
Wasa Wasa being the only title I can think of right now.
Stevo
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Apr 15, 2010, 22:06
Oh yes absolutley superb - Check out Wasa Wasa, Sing Brother Sing and self titled ( with the meat hanging on hooks cover). They are still going now - I caught them at the 40th Anniversary of the Friars Aylesbury last June supporting the Pretty Things and they stole the show from the Pretties and the Groundhogs.

Thank you Mrs Ahab for getting me into them.

Well recomended Moony, ain't nuthin to it just to do it!
All the best
Joolio
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Apr 16, 2010, 08:04
Yep, what Joolio said.
Wasa Wasa, Edgar Broughton Band (Meat cover, and my personal fave), Sing Brother Sing, all top draw.
Inside Out, and Oora are pretty great too.
Enjoy!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 20, 2010, 15:47
Just sniffed out "Sing Brother Sing" for 3 of your earth pounds! Sez it has loads of extras bits too. Will take home and report!

Thanks for info everyone!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

May 04, 2010, 13:06
Moon Cat wrote:
Just sniffed out "Sing Brother Sing" for 3 of your earth pounds! Sez it has loads of extras bits too. Will take home and report!

Thanks for info everyone!

Sing Brother Sing is top dollar! Cannot believe how much of it sounds a bit Copeular, especially the spoken word bits!

Also, managed to sniff out "Wasa Wasa" for 4 of your earth pounds and once again, it's fab! And again, v Copeular in parts. Can't recall whether he's acknowledged them as an influence but some of the raw, lo-fi stuff, in combo with spoken word would easily fit on a latter day Cope album.

Thanks again for advisement. Am diggin'!
naughtynige
naughtynige
778 posts

Apr 20, 2015, 23:52
Only dabbled very slightly with this lot before but just heard a live session on Gideon Coe's show which was great. Totally agree with the Cope comparisons.
Gonna have to investigate more...
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Apr 20, 2015, 23:59
Good. The Harvest Years box was cheap, may be deleted now, but worth sniffing out. I think there's an album called Demons at the Beeb which may have the session you've heard on it.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index