Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Name three music guilty pleasure albums.

81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Bah
Sep 04, 2003, 16:11
I had to give away all my LP's when I moved recently, I still count the one's I mis most as pleasures. Not guilty unfortunately, but definitely uncool.

Thomas Dolby, The Golden Age of Wireless.

I loved everything about that LP, the sleeve, the inner sleeve, the lyrics, especially 'Windpower', "Swith off the mind and let the body glide..", and Cloudburst At Shingle Street... "When I was small, I was in love, in love with everything.....and know there's only you." He was such a sudied geek, yet I was suckered by all that Boy's Own imagery, and his non-techno technical apporach to music. Then he moved to the US and made such monsters as The Car That Ate My Buick, which I also listened to a lot. Why? Dunno.

Uncool at no. 2 is:

B52's, that one with Love Shack and June Bug etc. Always reminded me of friends, summer breezey nights and not caring how much you drank, danced, laughed or made off with a naughty person.

No. 3, I shall say:

Drama, by Yes. 'Heart of The Sunrise', 'I am Camera', the latter was SO bad, yet I remember singing it : "iyammacamera..DO DOOH..camera..camera" Even doing the'Doo doo' (like a prog version of Betty Boo, ooh hang on, FWOWRAOOWL!! What a concept!) bit, like a tit.

grarghy.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index