redfish365
redfish365
710 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 6 December 2009 CE
Dec 06, 2009, 22:44
mingtp wrote:
redfish365 wrote:
Demon/The Plague

OMG! Now that brings back memories! I saw them live 8 or 9 times in my teens. Very under-appreciated band that, and they made some great records.

Bless.

Well as an American who never had the chance to see them live I am envious to the nth! I bought their first three albums as they were released via mailorder... and at once fell in love with their unique take on the sort of B-list of the then exploding "NWOBHM" thing. To me Demon was better then just about any extant hard rock act with memorable melodies and smart lyrics. I was more a progger then and and Demon always reminded me of prog with their concepts and seemingly theatrical vocalist. I did recently buy a DVD of Demon in concert from the 80s and it was even cooler than I had ever imagined!
In 1983 I did spend 2 weeks in London as a 16 year old with a group from school. Our teacher was a great guy who took me to the Marquee to see Pallas. We had such a good time we went back the next night to see Geoff Mann and his amazing band... I do recall that this made up for not seeing the two things I really wanted to see in England at the time - Marillion and... Demon!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index