34 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 6 December 2009 CE
Dec 07, 2009, 00:41
LP’s

KISS MY SWEET APOCALYPSE (CD) / UNRULY IMAGINATION – Black Sheep
I've finally give the Christophe F cd a rest and gone back to these. Patchy I guess, but both have some great tracks all the same.

BLACK CHERRY / SUPERNATURE – Goldfrapp
I love Black Cherry. Enough to have put it in my top 25 of the noughties here, in fact. Supernature always sounded like an inferior Black Cherry Pt II, but listening to it again...well that may still be the case but it’s much better than I remember.

SWEETHEART – The Klaxons
Latest in the Alan Vega series of 10” 45’s. TBH The Klaxonx don’t really do a lot different to the original, but it’s pleasing on the ears all the same.

SWORDS – Morrissey
A recent collection of b-sides from the last few years. There’s not too much here that’s likely to convert the non-Moz fan, but Never Played Symphonies is a really good b-side and his take on Drive-In Saturday is interesting if only from the point of view that he does so little different with it and yet it sounds so typically Moz. Perhaps the Bowie influence is more prevalent than you think (and yes I know Bowie didn’t have to do much with Moz I Know It’s Gonna Happen to make it sound typically Bowie all those years ago!). Highlight though is undoubtedly the awesome Ganglord which is probably fit to compare with anything he’s done. “There’s a clock on the wall, makes fun of us all” he sings rather beautifully over a really powerfully backdrop. Great organ fade-out, too. The limited edition live set that accompanies it is pretty run-of-the-mill though.

OTHERS...
A GENTLE CYCLE REVOLUTION EP / TIME & SPACE EP – Appliance
CLOSE TO ME – The Carpenters
HARD TIMES ON THE WAY – Black Daniel
MIRACLE KICKER – Dark Captain Light Captain
S/T – Franz Ferdinand
STREET HORSSING – Fuck Buttons
1974 – Harmonia
AUTOBAHN – Kraftwerk
BLESS THE WEATHER – John Martyn
KICK OUT THE JAMS –MC5
YES / ETC – Pet Shop Boys