25 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives W/E 7 June 2009 CE
Jun 07, 2009, 20:08
Oneida - Rated-O
been waiting for this for ages, got this on DL sampler before putting my hand in my pocket.
I've loved the 'O' since Cope big-uped 'Each One...' several years ago.
Got everything (well almost) they've done since, but gotta say,
not sure this should be a 3 record set. It'sa mite self indulgent and parts of it outstay their welcome by quite a bit. Not sat and listened intently, had it on in background whilst doing other stuff, but a few tracks work well. Parts of the 1st disc i had to check if it was indeed Oneida at all.
No problem with bands changing direction, but selling a half formed idea as a 'concept' is a little cheap. Here's hoping it grows on me. Still see em' live if they come around though, they're amazing on stage.

Iggy - Preliminaires
This is a fine nite drive album, not the best thing he's ever done, but deffo worth a listen. Better than the Weirdness and most of Skull Ring that's for sure.

Big Black - Peel Session
Had never heard (or more likely, don't remember) the track 'The Newman Generator', don't think it was ever 'officially' released. Damn fine track nontheless...now my BB collection is complete - ish!

Liars - Assorted B-Sides
Some nice chap has put all Liars B-sides onto a 2CD download. Some quality stuff on here, as well as those hard to find split 7" with various bands.
Got most of em' on vinyl TBH, but it was nice to mop up those rare and hard to find gems, plus, saves me the time as well.
A friend i write to swears he heard abut 9 tracks that are unreleased, and in a similar vein to 'They Threw Us In A Trench' era Liars. Maaan, i'd Luuuurve to track those babies down!

Skull Defekts - The Temple
Luurve Six Sixes the most, but the rest ain't to be sniffed at either.

Pajo - Scream With Me
Davey P does campfire versions of your fav' Misfits, tracks. Kinda works, but i'm starting to find it a bit samey now.

Oeresund Space Collective - Good Planets Are Hard To Find.
Ozrics type prog spaceyness. It's OK, inna 'heard it before' stylee. Still, well executed, and nice to chill to.

Not been much else TBH, not been a very musical week all told.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index