96 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Brik
587 posts

Edited Aug 18, 2008, 18:55
Re: Black Sheep
Aug 18, 2008, 18:54
amazon wrote:
Dhimmi is Blue is fast becoming one of my all time faves.

It's a proper sing-along-in-the-car-at-high-volume track and it has been a feature of every single car journey I've made since I had it.

However, I heard These Things I Know on Radio 6 yesterday (Stuart Tucked-in-paisley-shirt's show) and it sounded bloody fantastic!

I keep saying this, but I need to get disc one on again. But I'm just so in love with Dhimmi...

The more I listen to Black Sheep the more I think that could be the best song on the album. Lovely message, lovely arrangement, lovely voice. LOVERLY! I'm still into I Can Remember This Life too. These Things I Know's really turning me on as well. It's that guitar every time. All The Blowing Themselves Up Motherfuckers is just genius.
Has anyone noticed the recurring theme of death on this? I know he's the self professed Cunt of the Underworld, but I don't think I've ever heard him talk death so soberly and heartfelt as here. I Can Remember This Life really left me quite touched.
But all analysis aside, the Kilimanjaro line was a joke ;-) but I'm veritably chuffed with this. I really thought You Gotta Problem With Me was a fantastic return to what he does best (not that I'm at odds with his other later stuff, but in all honesty Fried, for example will always be better than, say, Dark Orgasm) but this blew me away. It's a grower, but not in the hauling-ass-weeks-of-listening grow, just the overnight "Oh my shit it's top!" Work doesn't seem half as bad knowing I can come home to this. Now bring on the fucking vinyl!!!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index