Black Sheep - I hardly dare say...

70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

Re: Black Sheep - I hardly dare say...
Aug 04, 2008, 15:28
after one listen, i'd say, yep, it's a good 'un. only one song didn't do much for me - feed my rock'n'roll - but one duff-ish track (granted after only one listen i may be wrong) on a new cope album is pretty good going.

in a nutshell, it seems that much more time and effort has gone into the arrangements (largely acoustic/mellotron - lots of mellotron) and dare i say it the words (!) than the last few releases. and it sounds a hell of a lot better than YGPWM, whose two cds sounded strangely quiet and unbelievably thin to me (compared with DO before it). his lordship's singing is a lot more focused too (a lot more) and there are even some of those 'lush harmonies' that were promised but did not appear on YGPWM. and nothing really rocks (in a traditional way, of course) on this one although it's full of energy (again, unlike YGPWM - i'll stop going on about that one now) - which makes for an unexpected surprise.

i might even suggest to those that have stopped buying jc's cds to give this one a go!

looks like it's gonna be in the shops too cos it's got one of them there barcode things on it.

yours,
sweetfeed
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index