Re: 13th Floor Elevators Cd's
Dec 08, 2008, 15:18
here, here! Well said sir! I 2nd that!

8O)
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Re: 13th Floor Elevators Box set
Dec 08, 2008, 15:40
Cant they get the old blighter up north somehow...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Dec 08, 2008, 16:18
Psyps wrote:

I think it's going to retail at £75.00 ...which for a 72 page full colour book ....10 CDs in mini Lp's cover...oh and a pretty box ...isn't too bad ?

www.internationalartistsrecords.com

There's 13 track sampler....you can get it by buying the Golden Dawn/Bubble Puppy reissues , which I had nothing to do with- so I can't vouch for them...or just write to Snapper Music and demand one or say you're a reviewer ?
best Paul

The possible price has been the one thing I've had doubts over. was worried it might be twice that, though i could be confusing euros but I don't really think so.
I guess there's no talk about smaller packages being released. Like 2cd or whatever sets devoted to each lp or the live material separate? Just been thinking that there is probably some wavering interest from areas I can think of who've heard of the band but wouldn't want to take that deep a pluunge as to getting a full 10 disc box. guess there are quite a few dedicated to the band enough to buy 10cds though. 13FE are hardly as obscure as they were when Nuggets first appeared, I'd guess they'd be a pre-punk 101 name by now? i.e. they've been sung about for the last 30 years as an influence.
Stevo
Nop Dream syndicate austria 88 dvd
dee
1955 posts

Dec 08, 2008, 16:27
Ha, I think he's playing Manchester and Glasgow....check out Roky Erickson and the Black Angels googlestyle!! Or check their myspace for dates....good luck...Ive been told he'll be doing loads of 13th Floor stuff!!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Dec 08, 2008, 20:38
Dec 08, 2008, 20:03
Thanks for saying he was playing. I hadn't heard from anywhere else. ULU says nothing about him though.

Guess that's pretty cheap ticket price for London these days. i'm still thinking you can get things for single figures. Would it be more if his name was mentioned?

& I'm still thinking £ = 1+1/3 x what a Euro is. That's probably out of date too from what I'm hearing.
a23
a23
1004 posts

Dec 08, 2008, 21:25
Is Roky playing these dates, or did he just do the US ones and it's the Black Angels doing the UK/Europe ones?
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Dec 08, 2008, 22:46
might just explain why there were tickets left. Well i guess I'll get to see a band whose 1st lp I kind of dug. Maybe buy the 2nd one if they're doing it cheap.
would be wild to find a certain bearded type joining them onstage but I won't be holding my breath.
So that's hopefully two gigs I'm going to while I'm over. Hawkwind being the other. Haven't heard about anything else going on yet.
Stevo
JFS3
5 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 03:21
Psyps wrote:
Hi....
So, no nasty noise reduction....only person to have touched the tapes is the band's original producer Walt Andrus and engineer Stuart Sullivan ( Daniel Johnston, Butthole Surfers etc)... and Roky joined us occasionally. I' not a music producer , so I kept my mouth shut and pulled together the best team for the job.
The music sounds loud , raw and clean for a change...no over use of stupid noise reduction software - no removing the reverb etc...
Paul

So does this mean there is some NR used on the set? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm of the school that any NR, no matter how lightly or skillfully (if that term can even be used in regards to the matter) used, is still evil.

Anyway, despite some reservations, I think that I'm going to be guardedly optimistic about this release, which is something that I'd never thought I'd ever be hearing myself saying in regards to any legitimate issuance of Elevators material.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 05:08
JFS3 wrote:
Psyps wrote:
Hi....
So, no nasty noise reduction....no over use of stupid noise reduction software - no removing the reverb etc...
Paul
So does this mean there is some NR used on the set?

Um, dude, I think you should take English 101 again.
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 08:27
Nope it's only the Black Angels doing the UK dates...no roky

http://www.staticmultimedia.com/music/news/the_black_angels_~_roky_erickson_together
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index