Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

NO WAve
Feb 06, 2008, 05:40
http://www.blackdogonline.com/music/no-wave.html

Brand new book on NYC NO WAve, looks interesting, Black Dog Publishers have done other books very nicely...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: NO WAve
Feb 06, 2008, 13:04
I looked through this book in HMV while I was in London. Would've liked to be able to buy it at that point but I think I'd overspent as it was and was worried about weight limits on the flight.
Don't think £19 = $29 does it? Just sent $56 through paypal and got charged 39Eur so think that exchange rate's a bit out or does it include p+p?
Might see if I can get it through Play or something.
Always did like music from that era.
I think you can get No New York on cd now can't you?
Haven't really heard it since I lost my vinyl copy.
Stevo
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Feb 06, 2008, 14:47
That should be a good read - another 'must have'
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Feb 06, 2008, 15:39
Feb 06, 2008, 15:39
Did Television support Blondie or Blondie support Television, the 1978 UK Tour?

Has anyone seen the merchandising that Television sold at the gig? The white mimeographed sheets with a staple in the corner.
Tekpop
Tekpop
41 posts

Apr 13, 2008, 01:15
I don't know if this was covered before since I'm new here but there's another book on No Wave due out this June and that one's written by Thurston Moore and Byron Coley.

To mark the occasion, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks are reforming for a couple of shows. Should be interesting!
Tekpop
Tekpop
41 posts

Apr 13, 2008, 01:21
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Did Television support Blondie or Blondie support Television, the 1978 UK Tour?

I'm pretty sure it was Blondie opening for Television as I can't imagine Verlaine's ego accepting an opening slot on a Blondie tour as he detested them.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 13, 2008, 14:55
Teenage Jesus reforming? NO SHIT! Where did'ya hear that?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 13, 2008, 14:57
Yeah, Television gave Blondie absolutely no stage space that tour. Ironic since the bass player was from Blondie originally...
Tekpop
Tekpop
41 posts

Apr 13, 2008, 23:03
Lawrence wrote:
Teenage Jesus reforming? NO SHIT! Where did'ya hear that?

It's been reported by several sources but here's a link to Pitchfork...

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/49530-teenage-jesus-the-jerks-reunite-for-two-nyc-shows

Jim Sclavunos will be handling drum duties (he originally played bass in Teenage Jesus) and the rumor is that the 'lost member' on bass will be none other than Thurston Moore. I wouldn't expect too much out of this but it will be a trip to have Lydia Lunch pick up the guitar again.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Apr 14, 2008, 07:50
Lydia said something about Thurston being her favourite bass player around the time of the In Limbo mini lp. Possibly it was in the Forcedexposure interview?
He'd certainly have respect for the band & has known her for years.
Wouldn't mind seeing that. Is it going to be 15 minutes a pop again though? Thurston digging the Dead and all might stretch that out to half an hour eh?
Stevo
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index