Unsung Forum »
Vernon Haddock's Jubilee Lovelies

18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sonofachum
1 posts

Re: Vernon Haddock's Jubilee Lovelies
Nov 23, 2010, 13:02
Well bless my soul, a Lovelies forum! My dad & Mr Elvin were great chums & worked on Yellow Submarine together.I recall mum dad and us three kids traveling to Leigh on Sea from Gravesend in the old taxi, and staying at Mr Elvin's Victorian Rectory, the Lovelies played and I read my way through a pile of old Marvel comics, I was about 8 at the time. Another time we went to Vernon's house in Deal where his wife (wonderful green eyes) fed us risotto and we ate it with forks that had just two prongs! One summer most of the lovelies and us went to the Bluebell railway in an ex-Eastbourne open topped bus, music all the way. Vernon turned up with a box of salted sprats! What japes we had. I remember Mr & Mrs Elvin's two sons had names beginning with P and E, at some time they were almost named Thompson and Wotton, after a (now extinct) Faversham Brewery! real ale was a part of those days. My brother has given me a copy of the LP on disc, I really ought to upload it for the wider enjoyment. Now where's my banjo...

Unsung Forum Index