YOUR Best of 2007

78 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: YOUR Best of 2007
Dec 09, 2007, 20:00
Next month I will put together my "official" top 10 albums list (yeah I know you can't stand the suspense!)

At the moment a strong case can be made for that Me'shell Ndegeocello record . . . very futuristic sound, definitely original.

Also Deerhoof, Fiery Furnaces, Dungun, Earthling Society, Black Moth Super Rainbow and the Omar/Damo collaboration.

I feel like the best albums of last year (Scott Walker, Liars) were better than the best of this year, but overall there were a lot more "really good records" that I heard this year (though who knows if that just means I was paying more attention in 2007.) I could easily come up with 25 "honorable mentions" besides a top 10.

Interesting new reissue that just came out: The Dragons, a psych-soul-Beachboys-esque band featuring Daryl Dragon of "The Captain & Tennille" fame and his brothers -- recorded late 60's, never released until now -- purty neat! (And in case you're worried, it's one of the other not-The-Captain brothers who was the leader here.)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index