Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Dec 22, 2007, 14:42
Re: YOUR Best of 2007
Dec 14, 2007, 14:12
Klaxons - "Myths Of the Near Future"

Tinariwen - "Aman Imman : Water Is Life"

LCD Soundsystem - "Sound of Silver"

Von Sudenfed - "Tromatic Reflexions" (best thing MES has been involved in in years, IMO)

Common - "Finding Forever" (why is this guy not better known? Whilst duetting, he can make even Kanye West and Lily Allen sound great)

Six Organs of Admittance - "Shelter From The Ash"

Caribou - "Andorra"

Cornelius - "Sensuous"

The Sunburned - "Z" (which I initially thought was unlistenable artwank but have since grown to like, in a "Metal Machine Music" sort of way - good for sampling purposes as well)

Liars - "Liars"

Wooden Shjips - "Wooden Shjips" (esp. the 2CD version)

Holy Fuck - "LP" (which I finally got around to buying last week).

Re-issue of the year? Has to be Judee Sill's "Abracadabra - The Asylum Years" which finally collects the expensive Rhino Handmade CDs of her two albums (plus a profusion of demos, live tracks and one out-take, the sublime "Desperado") and puts them out at a price which you don't have to work in a merchant bank to afford.

Revelation of the year? "Egon Bondy's Happy Hearts Club Banned" by the Plastic People of the Universe. I know it's been available on CD for a while now, but this was the year I first heard it and wondered why on earth I'd never got around to investigating them before. I think I'm going to make that my next Unsung review, seeing as how no-one else seems to have covered it yet.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index