72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 25, 2007, 17:38
Re: YGPWM arrived
Jun 25, 2007, 17:32
People "thought the worst" because of some of the strange stuff in his Drudions when coupled with the song titles and his "I prefer destruction and nihilism" Götterdämmerung thing. Straw that broke the camel's back etc.

Having played the album through three times today I am still not convinced that he's not playing some weird game of killing one's inner humanist. Though it's hard to tell and I am beyond caring about the opinions of even my most beloved rock stars.

Sonically it's all pleasingly lo-fi garageband stuff but short of tunes and when it comes to digging into the meat of a subject it is not exactly Roy Harper is it? You may see that as a good thing but I think of Roy and JC as kindred spirits in many ways. They even face similar micro controversies from time to time. This is worth a read if you can spare half an hour ......

http://www.royharper.co.uk/shop/display_page.php?page=diary/entry21

I should have prefaced this by saying that as a total listening experience I play the Dogntank record, the Brain Donor albums, the Lethbridge 2xcd set and the Rite series a lot more than any record of songs JC has recorded since Autogeddon. I am sure I will find four or five gems for the on going iTunes JC playlist but it's not looking like joining the front rank of Cope albums. For me at any rate. Time will tell.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index