Your favourite record shop?

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
coldrumhead
608 posts

Re: Your favourite record shop?
Jun 19, 2007, 20:38
fauny fergus wrote:
When I lived in London I could not find anywhere better than Plastic Passion on Blenheim Crescent - dunno if it's still there but it was cracking :-)

Don't know it but whenever I'd been to a depressing course somewhere up north one of the consolations was a trip to the rare vinyl dept of Mole Jazz in Grays Inn Rd 5 mins walk from Kings Cross.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Jun 19, 2007, 20:48
I'm not telling, otherwise you'll all be down there getting the goodys.
MC
638 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 09:02
Monitor Records in Hong Kong where I grew up - the only place to get Krautrock/PSF and other wierd and wonderful delights.
Mr Sals
162 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 09:23
Track in York was excellent but sadly will be in the hands of the receivers within the next 2 weeks. I'm getting some good bargains as it goes through the motions of clearing all the stock but won't be the same without it. No more independants left in York now. Red Rhino went years ago and i grew up in that one.Very sad. Will now have to go to Jumbo in Leeds for obscure stuff.
MagmaTimes
17 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 09:50
fauny fergus wrote:
When I lived in London I could not find anywhere better than Plastic Passion on Blenheim Crescent - dunno if it's still there but it was cracking :-)

That's Stand Out/Minus Zero...(the two Bills!). Used to run Plastic Passion together I believe and then some kind of disagreement prompted them to run two separate shops in the same building about two feet apart. Great shop!
coldrumhead
608 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 17:27
Not really a record shop more like a record stall but anyway Casbah Records in Greenwich Market is worth a visit.
coldrumhead
608 posts

Edited Jun 20, 2007, 17:31
Jun 20, 2007, 17:31
coldrumhead wrote:
Not really a record shop more like a record stall but anyway Casbah Records in Greenwich Market is worth a visit.

The guys who run it did nod very sagely when I bought First Utterance by Comus acoupla years back.
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Jun 20, 2007, 19:58
MagmaTimes wrote:

That's Stand Out/Minus Zero...(the two Bills!). Used to run Plastic Passion together I believe and then some kind of disagreement prompted them to run two separate shops in the same building about two feet apart. Great shop!

Heheheh, despite not having been there in years, that story's only increased my love for the shop - it's that kind of madness that makes a champion :-)
bernie the bolt
bernie the bolt
189 posts

Jun 21, 2007, 23:32
Tempest in Brum has never let me down.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Jun 22, 2007, 08:32
Ah, yes. I had a nosey around in there just a few weeks ago.

...didn't buy anything, though.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index