Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Sgt Pepper must die!
Jun 16, 2007, 10:03
keith a wrote:
And he said.."This is a sacred cow but that doesn't mean it can't be turned into hamburger."

Well, sorry to be pedantic, but that's not strictly, too. Even as a veggie, I know the difference between cows and pigs ; )

But you don't recognise that a burger's normally an all beef patty named after a German port city? Hamburgers are named after Hamburg presumably cos its where they first became popular, (or at least the meatr part I think the bun was added in the US) not because they're made out of ham. doh.
Stevo
np Graham Central Station Kezar Stadium 23/3/75
keith a
9574 posts

Jun 16, 2007, 10:53
I was being pedantic. And Rankine is Scottish not American. They're beef burgers for god's sake! ; )
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jun 16, 2007, 15:15
Dog 3000 wrote:
I've always suspected Beatle-haters were reacting more to "the myth" than "the music."

Truth be told, I have no problem with the myth. To deny their role in popular culture/modern history would indeed be like calling the earth flat. I just don't want to listen to them.

Dog 3000 wrote:
1 billion Beatles fans can't be wrong . . .

Too right. I make all my value judgments by consensus. Never see a movie if it's not in the box office top 10. Shop at Gap. Vote for whoever's topping the polls. get my music from the Clear Channel. Saves the hassle of having to make my own mind up.
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Edited Jun 16, 2007, 17:59
Jun 16, 2007, 17:37
Why should anyone care what this ass who admits he 'plays Tupac in clubs' thinks about rock music? He's obviously completely clueless, and entirely jumping on some idiot's bandwagon when he slags The Beatles, Velvets, Pink Floyd etc all in the same article.
All the so-called 'music-journalists" articles like this tell anyone is "I'm a complete idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about". So shut up!!
I got the same feeling reading alot of the responses on this thread. Tends to discourage respect.
keith a
9574 posts

Jun 16, 2007, 18:05
Before you get too high and mighty about it, you may want to read the article again. This time with your reading specs on! ; )

Then you might notice that it wasn't the same person slagging all those albums off, but by different folk who have, of course, all made better records than the ones they are slagging off ; )
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Edited Jun 16, 2007, 18:29
Jun 16, 2007, 18:29
oops! ok, I didn't really read that very carefully before I decided to eat my foot. still, it remains a bunch of pointless whining about supposed sins of rock journalism. In the words of the Anti-Nowhere League "So What?"
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Jun 16, 2007, 19:09
Raw Power is just a trailer park guy jumping around with his top off. I'm sure other trailer park guys have done it well before him. Or did he do it better?
***discuss*** ***or not***
;-)))

x
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jun 16, 2007, 19:20
you either like the shit or it is shit
simple really and a load of bollocks
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Jun 17, 2007, 12:22
Jun 17, 2007, 12:16
Earl Mallard wrote:

I'm sure you will continue to love music.

I just don't understand how people can hate The Beatles.

Even although I gave into them reticently, there is something about them still I don't care for much, and that's just how 'complete' and 'rounded' their music is. Sure it alludes to having some rough edges at times, but it's still awfully wrapped up. The vocals never stray, they're extremely attentive, and I've never cared for that much.
I like hearing much of what they've done if someone else puts them on, but I rarely choose to play them.
I don't understand why anyone hates any of the music I like (I'm sure we're all the same), but if they know why they do, that's all that matters IMO.
x
coldrumhead
608 posts

Jun 17, 2007, 12:26
shanshee_allures wrote:
Earl Mallard wrote:

I'm sure you will continue to love music.

I just don't understand how people can hate The Beatles.

Even although I gave into them reticently, there is something about them still I don't care for much, and that's just how 'complete' and 'rounded' their music is. Sure it alludes to having some rough edges at times, but it's still awfully wrapped up. The vocals never stray, they're extremely attentive, and I've never cared for that much.
I like hearing much of what they've done if someone else puts them on, but I rarely choose to play them.
I don't understand why anyone hates any of the music I like (I'm sure we're all the same), but if they know why they do, that's all that matters IMO.
x

I am not a huge Beatles fan.The Beatles White Album has its moments though...
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index