yet , not sure why , the Canada
site does but they want 9.98 (Canadian)
to ship it !
Five
Five
960 posts

Re: Japrocksampler Preorders
Jun 06, 2007, 00:31
I'm pretty sure I ordered mine from Amazon already... I'll check with the one with the credit card, we definitely placed the order already
omind
3 posts

Jun 06, 2007, 01:32
! This sounds great. I read KRSampler 20 times and gifted it to a guy in Vancouver who was in his mid-20's and had only heard of it; it is becoming a kind of grail book. A good friend of mine is in Japan working on his Japanese and a book about the Japanese underground rock thing. Man, he sees some great shows.

I bought one of Armands lps from him at the House of Guitars "ratfucker" , 20 years ago. I was jacked on crystal and sweating like a mf'r; SO I was appropriately "dressed".

ps: Is "dressed" a particularly Midwestern US slang term for properly drugged ? It may be the middle class version of the 60's head "getting right".
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1706 posts

Jun 06, 2007, 10:35
Never heard that use of 'dressed' before myself, here in the UK, but I like it. Very generous of you to give away your copy of Krautrocksampler though- what is it, going for three figures?

Oh, and Amazon UK are taking pre-orders of japrocksampler I think- price slashed to £8.57, and available as a double deal with the new Litmus CD for £18.56 freepost.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jun 06, 2007, 10:55
I'm wondering whether there will be a book signing tour...
Five
Five
960 posts

Jun 07, 2007, 07:17
guess we pre-ordered it from Amazon UK, actually... despite I live in Seattle and she's in Los Angeles!
common era
865 posts

Jun 07, 2007, 12:02
It depends where it is being published as to which site will have it. Bloomsbury, the publishers are a UK publisher, but do have a Canadian division.

When I was in Canada I used to order stuff from the UK Amazon site quite often and shipping wasn't too expensive, plus it was usually fast getting there, so I would say just go ahead and order it from the UK site. Its going to be a lovely book, quite big and hardback initially. Plus you wouldn't want to miss it and end up paying over the odds on eBay for it!
1001realapes
1001realapes
2386 posts

Jun 09, 2007, 20:31
It's a bit less
from Canada ,
i expect i'll go with
them.

Thanks
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Dressed?
Jun 11, 2007, 16:51
I'm from "the American midwest" and have never heard that phrase before. What part of "the midwest" you talkin bout anyway?

(PS - Rochester, NY isn't anywhere near the midwest. Armand Schaubroeck most definitely does not have a midwestern accent!)
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Jun 12, 2007, 07:17
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

Oh, and Amazon UK are taking pre-orders of japrocksampler I think- price slashed to £8.57, and available as a double deal with the new Litmus CD for £18.56 freepost.

Thanks for mentioning this: it woke me from sleepwalking long enough to get an order in, ta :-)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index