Re: so where is everybody from?
Mar 29, 2007, 15:10
mid cornwall, st austell to be exact in the very south west of england
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Mar 29, 2007, 15:22
Mar 29, 2007, 15:21
You're right to be skeptical. It never used to!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Belt
x
Jogga
Jogga
116 posts

Mar 29, 2007, 15:27
Newton Le Willows, UK 20 miles from Liverpool and 20 miles from Manchester...home to Rick Astley back in the day. What a guy.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 29, 2007, 15:44
It doesn't run INTO the swimming pool I hasten to add! It runs into the sea at The Badgers Watch, which is a bit unfortunate if you're sat outside having your pub lunch and the wind's blowing in the wrong direction!

Awful about your daughter though - must've been horrible for you all! Mind you that swimming pool was bloody cold on the one occasion I went there, a baking hot midsummer day. All the years I lived in Saltdean and I only ever ventured to the Lido once!
Eduardo
Eduardo
375 posts

Mar 29, 2007, 15:55
We used to sit by the sewage outlet on our beach when we were kids & laugh at the swimmers coming out of the water covered in bits of bogroll. Ha, just typing that has made me grin! They've extended the pipe now, sadly.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited Mar 29, 2007, 16:19
Mar 29, 2007, 16:10
I've got some friends who are part of this organisation:

http://www.sas.org.uk/

I didn't think we still dumped raw sewage in the sea anymore. That's quite a horrifying story.

I was once snorkling off Corfu and found myself following a long pipe on the seabed - I became aware of something blurred in the distance, ahead of me. Some sort of large mass - near the surface. On getting closer I found it to be the end of the pipe, a section where it wasn't weighed down to the bed. There was a huge mouldy growth of fungus or something feeding on the open end where all manner of human biproduct was spewing into the water that I was swimming in! I swam as fast as I could back to the beach. Gahhh, just typing this and remembering it makes me want to puke.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 29, 2007, 16:12
lol! Yeah, I never swam in the sea in all the time I lived by it; not many people do although I'd have loved to see someone emerge with bits of bog roll on them - that really appeals to my peurile sense of humour!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 29, 2007, 16:14
It's not raw sewage being pumped in at Saltdean, but you do get the smell. To be honest, the smell of all the chemicals involved in sewage treatment isn't any better than the smell of the shit itself!
discolizardelvis
discolizardelvis
9 posts

Mar 29, 2007, 16:31
Ousby
Nr Penrith
Cumbria
Middle of Nowhere
Outer Space (may as well be)
joudicca
joudicca