Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

You people are so jaded, you'd probably heckle a Teardrops Tribute band
Oct 20, 2006, 02:36
tinky10675 wrote:
Ok im the odd man out being from Amerika.But Here goes...I bought this slab O' shit the day it became available and yes it is awefull and a waste of talent in my humble opinion.I really miss the old Copey the one who wrote great songs and sang them!This Kraut/prog trip he is on is a deadend that im hoping he as reached the back wall of and will now move on to making music again that people can enjoy and not just be assaulted by. Peace out

Except this isn't Cope. It's Brain Donor. He went out of his way to create a new band, image and sound, and even put it out on a different record label than his normal releases, all the while still putting out records under his own name in the same progressive fashion that he always has, and you people still feel the need to complain about it as if your best friend just betrayed you. The music he made before he was on this 'trip' was called 'My Nation Underground', and it sucked logs. I hope Cope never stops listening to new music and following his muse.
puddytat
puddytat
52 posts

Edited Oct 20, 2006, 13:48
Heckle a Teardrops Tribute band
Oct 20, 2006, 13:48
Citizensmurf wrote:
The music he made before he was on this 'trip' was called 'My Nation Underground', and it sucked logs. I hope Cope never stops listening to new music and following his muse.

Drayn'd Booner makes Nation seem like Peggy Suicide, Jehovahkill, and Interpreter all rolled into one by comparison...
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: You people are so jaded, you'd probably heckle a Teardrops Tribute band
Oct 20, 2006, 14:20
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, i'm standing behind you smurf, i think you got it spot on.
keith a
9573 posts

Oct 20, 2006, 14:32
Hey. Let's have a go at My Nation Underground. Surely one of the worst albums EVER. Or so the story goes. After all, the great man himself doesn't like it.

Bollocks! He doesn't like Scott Walker anymore, so what does he know? FWIW I think MNU is a great, under-rated pop album. So Julian now - despite calling himself a forward looking mofo - wants to appeal to people who thought that Iron Maiden were cutting edge instead of some joke metal band.

I'm not a squauling fan - I respect JC's right to release what he wants, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. The new Brain Donor LP has it's moments, but let's be frank here. The word cliche comes to mind.

I guess it comes down to ability. For some people Drain'd Boner would be a good album. Julian Cope is capable of so much better.

IMO of course.
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Oct 20, 2006, 14:49
Well said Keith!!
dee
1955 posts

Oct 20, 2006, 15:18
C'mon, MNU is shite...
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Oct 20, 2006, 15:22
Well, I didn't really agree with that bit, but prefer it to DB
keith a
9573 posts

Oct 20, 2006, 17:55
Yeah, and Metsamor is better than Charlotte Anne...

I think of MNU like I think of T.Rex Futuristic Dragon. Not his best by any means, but thoroughly enjoyable. But hey, it's just an opinion...
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 20, 2006, 18:08
I thought the cliche part of Brain Donor was deliberate? Like taking a cliche and magnifying it to excess to the point where it becomes its own thing? Hence the look (5" Platforms etc) and the "Play this Power trio Loud as Hell" and "Brain Donor is a Stuporgroup" blurb.
keith a
9573 posts

Oct 20, 2006, 18:34
You're no doubt right, but it does pose the question...

....why? ; )
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index