Quo - Forty-Five Hundred Times

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Quo - Forty-Five Hundred Times
Feb 06, 2006, 01:46
I was quite surprised at the description of this in the reviews section... Can anybody tell me where I can get a copy of this bootleg 2-CD?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: Quo - Forty-Five Hundred Times
Feb 06, 2006, 12:04
Even as they unwound in the early 80's, 4500 Times remained a highlight of the live show. I recall being at one gig where it clocked in at nearly half an hour and never let up.

I'd like a copy of this boot too.

The Count - you around?
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Feb 09, 2006, 01:31
Just keeping the thread on the front page, so it doesn't get lost before our prayers are answered...
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Feb 09, 2006, 09:13
I had a scout around all the usual places for you but I'm afraid that I couldn't yet locate a copy.

If it's only very recent then it might take a while to get around ... I'll keep an eye out for it for you though.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Feb 09, 2006, 09:57
Nice one, PBT.

May your trees never catch you.
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Feb 09, 2006, 15:37
Yeah, thanks PBT! And maybe those trees are just after a good time with you, especially if they're hard-woods ;-)
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Mar 22, 2006, 01:32
Just trying to keep this current. Anyone had any luck finding this yet? I think it's kinda poor form to do such a tempting review of an impossible-to-find bootleg cd and then not be around to tell us where we can find it... Come on mate, please help us! I'm desperate and I'm sure others are too. Need crazy jams...
silogut
silogut
432 posts

Mar 22, 2006, 08:00
yeah I can't quite believe those Status Quo reviews - surey they are a hoax? I mean it was early Quo that Spinal Tap parried with their opportunistic flower power band era. Maybe I am just a snob
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Dec 25, 2014, 14:56
I think I have it figured out. I can find no record of Quo playing the Marquee in December 1972, but they did - apparently twice - earlier that year. One of the gigs can be heard here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7vrpufHek - and it's most likely the track "Is It Really Me?/Gotta Go Home" from this gig that was referred to at the start of The Count's review, still too early to have evolved in name and nature into Forty-Five Hundred Times. Now, having heard it, I think there was some slight exaggeration from The Count, but it isn't that far from the mark, really, once they get going in the middle. Pretty good! The audio on that youtube clip gets a bit jittery in the last two tracks of the set, but no great loss, it's only Roadhouse Blues and Johnny B Goode in fairly pedestrian form!
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Dec 26, 2014, 11:21
There's a fair amount of info out there, and a lot of seems to be conflicting:

http://www.leehawkins.com/NoFrames/Gigs/1972.htm
Lists 4 Marquee gigs in '72

http://www.freewebs.com/quolive/
(about 1/4 of the way down the page) in his "THE BOOTLEG BLACKLIST " section advises:
"The following recordings are fakes or wrong dates:
London Marquee 26.12.72 (non-existant date = London Marquee 26.6.72)"

I could only find two on-line references to the 2-CD bootleg that The Count reviews ... and both of them appear to stem from his review. Given the fairly extensive collectors and traders lists of bootlegs I've waded through the lack of any other mention of this bootleg is not encouraging.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index