Hawkwind Space Ritual Sundown Deluxe Ed

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

There's 2 different "Space Ritual"s
Oct 06, 2005, 16:04
What happened there? I answered, it was there, then it wasn’t. Where’d it go? I’ll try again.

Thanks Seth, for the review and the info.

The Robert Calvert thing has bothered me for a while. According to this link it never happened www.hawkwindmuseum.co.uk/thetourthatneverwas.htm
but I remember it did. Possibly thinking about it now there was no actual live music. I remember lots of english eccentric overacting, kind of hippy amateur dramatics. Maybe they’d booked the theatre, couldn’t get it together to do the proper show and just tried to wing it. Thing is I kept a gig diary in the seventies but I didn’t list this one and I’m thinking that being a pedantic lttle sod I left it out because it was “theatre” and not strictly “a gig”.

The Empire Pool gig - I was fourteen and already a Man fan so I was there for Deke, The Pink Fairies were Larry Wallace, Duncan Sanderson, Russell Hunter, and Twink I think but not Paul Rudolph unfortunately. Hawkwind were magnificent. I should remember Calvert dubbing Lemmy but I don’t. We probably had to leave early to get the last train home. I still have loads of little black and silver badges and an International Times/programme.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index