Hawkwind Space Ritual Sundown Deluxe Ed

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Sorry. Still slightly confused
Oct 06, 2005, 12:48
So what have I got then? Space Ritual EMI 2001 double CD. Says on the back Live at Liverpool Stadium and Brixton Sundown but of the bonus tracks Master of the Universe and Born to Go are from the Greasy Truckers Party at the Roundhouse LP (“This ones for the miners, It’ll probably sound alot like a mining disaster, We have disasters up here every week” etc).

On another subject I don’t know if any of you Hawkwind fans can help me on this one but I have a muddy memory of going to see a “musical” of Bob Calverts Capt Lockheed and the Starfighters at a theatre on the Kings Road, Chelsea where the Rocky Horror thing ran for years. It must have been 74/75 ish and I think Viv Stanshall was involved and possibly Arthur Brown. The Hawkwind fan sites I’ve searched say a musical was planned but never happened but I do remember being in an audience with Robert Calvert dressed as a fighter pilot and overacting.

One that definitely happened was May 73 at Wembley Empire Pool, a benefit for IT with Hawkwind, Magic Michael, Deke Leonards Iceberg, Fruup, Sutherland Bros & Quiver and Danny & the Racing Cars who, when they emerged from behind a wall of Hells Angels, turned out to be the Pink Fairies. Neat!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index