Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2609 posts

"If I Could Do It All Over Again...
Jul 30, 2005, 01:43
...I'd Do It All Over You."

Certain observers of this site have noted a distinctly negative vibe in my postings of late, not unjustifiably as I dare say that various unpleasant influences in my life have predominated of late. No details, nor are you likely, or expected, to give a monkeys anyway.

But...

Today I played Caravan's second album, bearing the above title, for the first time in a year or so. I'm not saying that it was the first uplifting thing I've recently played - the Foo Fighters and some vintage Van Morrison have that privilege before them - but all I can say is that the said Canterbury gem, side one in particular, lifted my mood to gargantuan heights just when I needed it. What a fabulous record it is.

Such is the redemptive power of great music. God(s) help us if we were ever to lose it.
red peony
red peony
645 posts

Re: "If I Could Do It All Over Again...
Jul 30, 2005, 02:02
I for one, am glad you're feeling better, Fitter.
I've missed your happy, insightful posts : )

Have a loverly weekend.

Peony
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Jul 30, 2005, 04:28
AWWW! What's the matter Fitter? ((HH)) xx
Cock-a-Doodle
803 posts

Jul 30, 2005, 09:51
You're still with Margaret, right? Hope all's well!

Great album -a big fave here!
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Jul 30, 2005, 10:10
I listened to ' The 12 dreams of Dr Sardonicus ' midweek and had a similar experience. Completely took me outside of myself. Felt totally refreshed by the time it finished. Hope all's well with you Fitter ?
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Jul 30, 2005, 10:17
Sorry to hear things have been a bit poo of late, Fitter. Yeah we all have our good 'pick-me-up' records. Thank goodness for music, eh? Mine's 'The Slider' by T.Rex.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jul 30, 2005, 11:49
Morning Fitter

"Certain observers of this site have noted a distinctly negative vibe in my postings of late, not unjustifiably"

You and me both mate, but I've tried to chill and back down. Those most guilty of being, abusive (note not negative, there is a difference) have gone quiet, I suspect that they are the ones whom HMcG has blocked. I would presonally like to see them return but the abuse and false accusations have no place on here as far as I'm concerned.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2609 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 00:46
Y'know, whilst I never meant to fish for caring comments with this missive, it warms the cockles of my jaded heart to receive such warm vibes. Thank you all, and yes, I am still with Margaret, Cock-a-Doodle, and that aspect of my life remains very happy.

The whole point of this particular thread was to emphasise the power of certain records at certain times. I remember in my teens finding solace in Status Quo's 'Quo' album, especially that magisterial 'Backwater'/'Just Take Me' prelude, whenever I got bown out by whichever babe had fixated me that particular month. On'd go the cans, up'd go the volume, and all would be well. As I grew older and (in theory) maturer, more than music was needed to assuage my misery, hence the absurdly-sized beer belly that curses by waistline these days. And yet... even now, the right record, at the right time, can sort me out. And thus did Caravan's awesome second album last week.

"Why, why, why...I wish I was stoned outta my mind..."

'The Slider', by the way...yes indeedy!
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 00:57
has holy blocked people then? was wondering where tonestone went.
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 01, 2005, 11:07
The power of Caravan to lift the soul!!! You're leaning against an open door with me Fitter (as you know!)

Grey & Pink and New Sinfonia have a similar effect. Also Dr Strangely Strange (esp Heavy Petting) and Genesis (Trespass and Foxtrot).

For me, life without music is unthinkable!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index