Unsung Forum »
cain'd is great

89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Northern Star
8 posts

Re: cain'd is great
Jan 18, 2005, 10:58
Just thought I'd add my humble opinion. I'm one of those that usually look this website as opposed to contribute to it, but here goes...

I have read most peoples thoughts about this CD, and have to say that no-one is wrong in my view. There are some good tracks, but not that much invention (perhaps Cope is trying too hard, or trying to be too clever?).

Having listened to it now 5 times (well CD1 five times, CD2 four times actually), as I must be one of the few that prefer CD1, I would certainly agree that the producer has not contributed anything to the final sound. To be honest some of the riffs on a few tracks remind me of early Sabbath, which is one hell of a compliment to Cope, but we are in 2005, not 1971. His subject matter is as topical as ever though which has to be praised.

I have collected Cope since his early days in the Teardrops, when he always had something about him, even when he came into Probe Records in Liverpool (where I worked at the time), and largely he has not disappointed with his vast output, however I think that he will be pleased that Cain'd is finally released so that he may be able to move onto a newer (more productive) ground.

I hated 20 Mothers when it first arrived, and now it's one of my all time favourites - perhaps this will grow in time...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index