Vocals that put me off the music

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Vocals that put me off the music
Sep 01, 2004, 09:38
"I should elaborate perhaps: Joy Divsion is a group I was into in high school @ '79-'82 when no one else anywhere within a 5 mile radius seemed to have heard of them..."

I take it you never attended a school in Europe then ?
zuggog
286 posts

Sep 01, 2004, 10:02
I dunno what all the bitchin's about.
Have a listen to Tiny Tim tiptoeing thru the tulips [if that's possible] Mind, was there any music to go with it.
Or Yoko Ono [was john doing something to her at the time]
Surely can't get worse than that?? Can it?
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Sep 01, 2004, 10:24
no, .....I was 'sent away' from NY to a private school in Connecticut, '78-'82 and I was listening to Black Flag, the Voidoids, Bad Brains, Television, the Undead, Dead Kennedys, Germs, Teen Idles, Necros, Circle Jerks, Fear, Minor Threat, Cramps, Flipper, Wire, Killing Joke, Gang of Four, Minutemen, Pere Ubu, Iggy & the Stooges, Residents, Eno, Snakefinger, Vibrators, Anti-Nowhere League, Joy Division etc. because I heard them on college radio stations in the NY area & had a subscription to NYRocker. In Connecticut, Foreigner, Van Halen, Led Zep, Pink Floyd (The Wall) & the Cars ruled the day. Probably still do.
My school had students from all over, but only one or two others were punk-friendly, and they only knew (a little )about the Clash, Ramones & Sex Pistols.
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Re: tangent off Vocals that put me off
Sep 01, 2004, 11:33
re '78-'82 faves - to the "Black Flag, the Voidoids, Bad Brains, Television, the Undead, Dead Kennedys, Germs, Teen Idles, Necros, Circle Jerks, Fear, Minor Threat, Cramps, Flipper, Wire, Killing Joke, Gang of Four, Minutemen, Pere Ubu, Iggy & the Stooges, Residents, Eno, Snakefinger, Vibrators, Anti-Nowhere League, Joy Division etc." I should add P.I.L., the Velvet Underground, NY Dolls, Jam, X, Meat Puppets, Echo & the Bunnymen & Psychedelic Furs were in heavy rotation/important for me @ the time also... & I still enjoy most of them today.
Rock Wagram
Rock Wagram
316 posts

Sep 01, 2004, 12:52
Tiny Tim is my God. So Watchit! (tho admittedly find his less falsetto stuff more bearable)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 01, 2004, 14:22
Kinda like when I was a teen, although I never left Rochester (Irondequoit actually) and there were two or three college stations where I heard that stuff back in the early eighties. Went to a Catholic high school and most of my classmates were into metal or mainstream stuff. Really hated that Springsteen worship circa 1984 amonst the teen Reagan supporters (who were probably all cocaine snorters 'cos they looked it.)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: tangent off Vocals that put me off
Sep 01, 2004, 14:25
That's pretty much all I listen to still... (Pissed off old fart here...)
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index