Unsung Forum »
Best Gig(s) you've been to......

126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Best Gig(s) you've been to......
Mar 24, 2004, 19:56
Off the top of me head the most fun and/or amazin'mazinness was at...

EST - Buxton Opera House earlier this year. Like watching telepathic musicians. Incredible

KISS - 96/97 reunion tour with all the make up and explosions and original dudes n' stuff at the MEN arena. Seen 'em in the 80's but had been waiting since I was 11 for the full on Kiss experience and was not disappointed. FWALOOM! My non more indie pal had a blast too! Hurrah!

Underworld - Manchester Apollo on the A Hundred Days Off Tour. 4th time seen 'em and they just blew the place apart.

Hanoi Rocks - Camden Electric Ballroom about 85ish. Sleazy but electric rock n roll car crash evening! Smudged n sweaty.

Cope on the 20 Mothers tour - 3 hours of highs, highs and highers.
Also the Rome gigs last Oct/Nov. Awesome cos of the rockin' HH awesomeness of it all.

Acid Mothers Temple upstairs at the Star N Garter in Manchester a couple of years ago. A room the size of a shoebox barely contained the full on polychromatic noise explosion!

Courtney Pine and a band of Commonwealth allstars at the Bridgewater Hall during the Commonwealth games. Just total up-lifting joyfulness provided by an awesome array of musicans.

Nebula at the Hop N Grape about 3 years ago. Intense psyche/stoner rockin.

...and Rick Wakeman's King Arthur on Ice at Wembley when I was about 8. 'Cos even then I could see it was daft, but I loved it and also cos
A) Our side's Guinevere plowed into the side of the ice rink
B) During the final Arthur tune all these Knights on ice were supposed to 'kill' each other in a battle- except on this occasion there was a surplus knight leftover. So he skated round the bodies for a bit and then decided to'kill' himself on his sword to cheers and laffs from an appreciative crowd. You don't get all that at a Travis gig.

Loads of other happy, groovy times in various places!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index