126 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Re: Best Gig(s) you've been to......
Mar 24, 2004, 10:03
In no particular order:

Julian Cope, Cardiff Coal Exchange, who knows when! This was my first encounter with the Drude and how could I do anything except fall in love!? Taking the limits of a solo gig and smashing them up.

Jonathan Richman, Shepherds Bush Empire, 2003. Superb performance, venue and crowd. Beautiful.

Super Furry Animals, seen them about 12 times, best may have been the other week at Cardiff Barfly - hour and a half plus of requests in tiny venue, but like Libertine said, always good.

Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, either London Scala, 2001 or Caerphilly Castle 2000(?). The first my band played with them so it's got a special place in my heart, the second was on the double set tour, in a castle banqueting hall! Perfect Gorky's venue! They were also amazing in the Coal Exchange in about 1995 with Catatonia and Stereophonics supporting them, the way it should be!

John Renbourn, Cardiff Clwb Ifor Bach, 2002. Amiable and unbelievable talented. Better than Bert Jansch when I saw him!

Dexy's Midnight Runners, Bristol Colston Hall 2003. So much better than it could have been - expected revival crap, got fully fledged genius.

Honourable mentions go to:
Neil Young, Helsinki
Alice Cooper (and hilarious Dio!), Cardiff CIA
Robert Plant, Bangor University

Plenty more to come I hope!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index