Unsung Forum »
VOTE HERE! HH Top 500 Album list

263 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Another Popel question
Dec 03, 2003, 18:13
OK. As far as "Smile" is concerned it's never actually been released, but there are so many bootlegs of it available it's pretty easy to compile your own version if you can be bothered. Even if you can't, an enterprising young bootlegger who shall remain nameless (if you're reading this, Greg, I'm still waiting for my cut, by the way) has done it for you and is now selling copies on a certain market stall which, for legal reasons, shall also have to remain nameless (although if anyone wants further info they're welcome to e-mail me).

Perhaps it is a bit cheeky voting in a bootleg as your favourite album of all time, but it really is, and purely for musical reasons, not obscuranist ones.

Regarding the Velvet Underground question - unlike Paul I am referring to the 3rd album. Whilst all four are great, that one just tops the rest for me. Hope this answers your queries. If bootlegs aren't allowed, by the way, you're welcome to move nos 2 & 3 up one position and add Public Enemy's "It Tales A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" (which I can't believe I forgot to include - doh"!) at no.3.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index