Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: that's fighting talk!
May 15, 2003, 15:04
And sometimes I can't wait to come down with cancer
At least then I'll get to watch TV all day

Love the Handsome Family. Went to see them a couple of weeks ago on the Renfrew Ferry (cross-thread synergy!)

Believe it or not, this week I has been mostly teaching myself about Hank Williams. Think I'm beginning to get what I've been missing.

I like quite a bit of the so called 'alt' stuff although a lot's patchy as hell. Love Slim Cessna's Auto Club particularly their 2000 album 'Always Say Please and Thank You'. There's a great Canadian band called the Black Boot Trio, although I've only been able to track down their first album (in spite of pestering their lead singer to send me their second one - bear in mind he offered to, I'm not a total psycho). Hank Williams III's stuff is great (both his 'straight' country and the rare as hell Assjack stuff).

But, I kinda find my way through older stuff. Lyle Lovett, Kinky Friedman, Willie Nelson, Dolly, John Prine (ish), even Conway Twitty, some of the Judds stuff is amazing, and of course Johnny. There's a great Radio Scotland show called the Brand New Opry that plays a great range of stuff that I like listening to.

Have never been able to see why people love Patsy Cline, though, which is probably a fault in me.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index